Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

PUZZLE UPDATE ~~ WHAT'S HAPPENING AT TAHOMA CEMETERY ~~ ARTY PHOTO OF THE WEEK ~~ PARTING SHOT

PUZZLE UPDATE


I haven't given an update lately on how the jigsaw puzzles are going. We received several new ones for Christmas, and we were glad of that because we had already done our favorites at least twice. One of the new ones is titled "Kitchen Cupboard" and is by our favorite puzzle illustrator, Colin Thompson. We are currently working on this one, which has been a lot of fun.

Lots of little surprises in this one
Right after Christmas, Linda put together the other Colin Thompson puzzle that she got, entitled "The Bizarre Bookshop #2." I wasn't able to help her on that one because I was busy getting our new computer set up and transferring our iTunes music over to it. Anyway, the next time we do that one it will be like a brand new puzzle to me!

In between the two Colin Thompson puzzles we worked on this one below. I gave Linda this for Christmas because it is tradition that she get a flamingo every year. It was only 100 pieces, so it didn't take long. It is a beautiful picture, though.

Fanti and Mingo, perhaps?

Speaking of Christmas, below is a picture I took the other day of a snowflake ornament that I had neglected to take off of our plum tree in the front yard. I noticed it one day when I was sitting in the living room and saw a glint of something sparkling outside.


Christmas reminder

WHAT'S HAPPENING AT TAHOMA CEMETERY


This past week we took a walk at Tahoma Cemetery to get out of the house and smell some fresh air. Plus, we were hoping there might be some photo opportunities. It was cold but we decided we had to do it anyway. Linda got a couple of good pictures right off the bat. Below is one of them, a picture of lavender which I have named "Snowburst."

Snowburst
The second picture below is Linda's other photo, a nice close up of some rose hips. I took a picture of some of these same rose hips back in October. It is interesting to see how they have changed.

My picture from October

Linda's picture from January 27

I searched around for something to take a picture of that might be interesting. After all, we were in a cemetery so there wasn't a lot happening there. We walked down to the Japanese Garden area and saw that there has been some additional work done there since we last walked the cemetery, back on December 6th. Concrete has been poured to make a walkway up to a square area. We don't know what this is going to eventually become, but it looks inviting. At least the area is taking shape into something besides a weed patch!





Of course there were plenty of Canada geese at the cemetery. I'm not sure why they seem to like it there because there aren't any large bodies of water around. Maybe they like the big trees. Or maybe they just find it a nice place to get in some exercise.

Yoga, anyone?



ARTY PHOTO OF THE WEEK


Linda has been taking some fabulous close up shots lately. She took this one below on our walk at Randall Park a couple weeks ago. I think the colors and textures of this photo earn it the spot this week for our "Arty Photo."

Interesting bark

PARTING SHOT


I have been wracking my brain trying to think of some way to get a picture of Summer Girl when she isn't asleep. That is quite a challenge this time of year because she sleeps all the time. I couldn't come up with anything today, so I am going to put in a picture of her that was taken in about 2009. Here she is modeling her sweet little purple name tag that Emily got for her. It, and the collar, didn't last long. She got out of it three times. The first time someone found it and put it on our front porch, the second time we found it in our yard, and the third time it was gone, never to be seen again. I guess she didn't really like it.

She had an attitude, even back then

That's all for this week, be sure to check us out again next week!



No comments: