Search This Blog

Thursday, December 7, 2017

"TRIP TO DAD'S" POST WILL RESUME NEXT WEEK, PLEASE READ BELOW ~~ PARTING SHOT

THE "TRIP TO DAD'S" POST WILL RESUME NEXT WEEK, PLEASE READ BELOW:


As I am typing this, Linda's dad, sister and brother-in-law have driven to a nearby town to escape all the smoke from the Thomas Fire in Ventura, CA. This fire has spread rapidly in the past couple of days due to the Santa Ana winds, and at this point in time the fire is closing in on the town where dad lives (about 20 miles away from Ventura). Hopefully the firefighters will be able to get it under control before it reaches the town, but there is no way of knowing. At least dad and the rest of the family are safe. Linda & I have been checking for updates off and on all day. Information coming from the fire area is very spotty at best, due to the size of this fire, but also due to numerous other fires also burning in surrounding areas. This has been a horrible year so far for wildfires in California, and my heart goes out to everyone who is experiencing this nightmare.

I contemplated posting my usual blog today, but my mind just can't seem to concentrate on it right now. It's hard to be thinking back to just a few weeks ago when we were there, having a good time with family and enjoying the nice weather. Just thinking about all the devastation that has taken place and will continue to take place is just overwhelming. I read an update a few minutes ago saying that one of our favorite places, Ojai, was surrounded by fire last night. Thankfully, the firefighters so far have been able to save the town. The hillsides around the town did not fare so well and many areas have burned, including many homes. Parts of the town where dad lives, Carpinteria, are currently under a voluntary evacuation notice. We are just keeping our fingers crossed that the fire does not come any closer to it.

As we draw closer to the holiday season, things tend to get busier and busier. For that reason, the blog posts may be a bit sporadic for a while. Once I wrap up the blogs for our trip down to dad's (hopefully next week), then I can promise you some better pictures and video because my new camera arrived today! At least that is good news. Hang in there with me and be sure to check back next week at the usual time.

PARTING SHOT


It's hard for me to put up a blog and not include at least one picture or video. So, to help raise your spirits, as well as mine, I am posting a couple of short videos of Summer Girl, playing with her new toy.




It's a laser light, and I have been driving her crazy with it all week. She loves it!


No comments: